Tuesday, December 19, 2006

FAITH!

It's been two days now since our Black and Gold's division-clinching loss. And Lil Reggie's been droopin' at home, walkin' slow to the carpool line, falling asleep in class, leavin' the dinner table before dessert is served.

What's Lil' Reggie lookin' for, you wonder? The boy is searching for his FAITH!

Awright, lil' man. Let Chef help you out. Put the specs down. Stand up. Raise your golden spoon. And follow along . . .

I believe that winning is an attitude. I have FAITH. I am the eternal optimist, a Saints fan, a Roof Banger, a Doam Foam drinkin' Who Dat.

WHO DAT RESPONSE: THE SAINTS ARE COMING. THE SAINTS ARE COMING.

I believe in the power of a Cool Brees. I drop to my knees when Deuce goes upside your head. I weep when Reggie runs right bayou.

WHO DAT RESPONSE: THE SAINTS ARE COMING. THE SAINTS ARE COMING.

I believe in playoff runs, home field advantage, frozen ticket prices, and $100 deposits on my season seats.

WHO DAT RESPONSE: THE SAINTS ARE COMING. THE SAINTS ARE COMING.

I believe in Santa Claus, a Who Dat Christmas, and the slim chance that even Mr. Benson's coal, coal heart will be warmed by a Super Bowl ring.

WHO DAT RESPONSE: THE SAINTS ARE COMING. THE SAINTS ARE COMING.

I believe in saving my gameday appetite for Cafe 641. I break bread with my Upper Terrace family. I feast on Birds, Cats, Pirates, Cowboys, Gold Diggers, and fat hunks of Cheese.

WHO DAT RESPONSE: THE SAINTS ARE COMING. THE SAINTS ARE COMING.

I believe in the spirit of the Who Dat. I profess my Who Dat faith. I will return to these roof-banging seats in 2007. I will wave my golden spoon. I will be loud. I will stay for 4 quarters.

WHO DAT RESPONSE: THE SAINTS ARE COMING. THE SAINTS ARE COMING.

No comments: