- Victory lap around St. Dominic's play yard in Lakeview feels sweeter with fireworks brightening the sky and running partners like Porn Chef, Ms. Shootz to Kill, their kids, and Chef spawn.
- Uh, huh, huh, parlez-vous francais. Run Pierre Thomas. All the way.
- Our Saints brought us back more than a victory when they touched down in New Orleans just after 2 a.m. this morning. They also brought us back some Fla-Vor-Ice. It was seen melting from their windshields as they crawled past several hundred of us at the airport.
- Gregg Williams likes it when fans imitate his "suck it" chop. He was laughing like a kid while driving by in his car at the airport when Porn and I gave him a chop salute.
- Usama Young stopped his car just past us to take a picture of the crowd.
- Jeff Maumus, founder of The Missing 1200, is a genuine nice guy. Finally met him in person while waiting for the Saints to arrive at the airport.
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Monday, December 27, 2010
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Saturday, October 16, 2010
What? You've got better explanations?
"She goes, 'Pinch his butt!' I looked at her, and she said, 'Just go get it.'
"I was like, 'I'll get it. I'll get some of that.' "
And so she did.
"He first kind of whipped his head around and goes, 'What the hell was that?' " Kotb said. "Then he saw his baby and saw Brittany and the guy melted. It was amazing."
No 3-2 worries in the Bistro, though, cuz the Bistro's got fire, Bistro's got fire.
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Monday, September 27, 2010
Sour grapes, Chef? Perhaps.
But, then again, this visual evidence suggests how real we kept it in and out of the seats of the Dome on Sunday. Enjoy the photographic stylings of Ms. Shootz to Kill:
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Imagine it, Tom.
70,000+ blinged-out birds being flipped simultaneously in the direction of the Falcons bench.
Oh, yeah. The menu board is open.
RicknGentilly provided the foreshadowing for a 2-0 start with the following footwear comment, posted days before Sacred Hart defeated the San Francisco Swirling Crosswinds:
fun fact: one of tom dempsy's shoes is hanging from the ceiling of the absinthe house bar on bienville and bourbon.The 649 Bistro response to this historical nugget?
my wife used to bartend there and every time i would stop in to say hi to her i would find myself staring at that relic from my childhood.
i know when mr tony sold the biz to jobert some one took down a bunch of the helmets from the ceiling and replaced them with replicas.
there was no replica for mr dempsy's shoe so it went back up.
one more fun fact: the heirs to the spainards who owened that property during spanish colony times still get a roality check once a year for the use of their property.
After Sacred Hart-ley goes 4-4 tonight into a swirling Candlestick wind, I plan a toast to Dempsey's hanging shoe at that very spot.So, in the larger Who Dat cosmos, this suggests a Tom Dempsey half-a-foot toast at the very locale he watched the Super Bowl back in February.
Details will follow.
Monday, September 20, 2010
Today marks the 38th birthday of a Cafe 641/649 Bistro staple, our very own adult industry chef. We believe that one day, the offspring of this mild-mannered porn star will look back on this year and label it thus: the year of the Porn Chef!
We offer this small tribute, a list of every Who Dat to wear the #38:
Phil Vandersea (LB) 1967
Tony Baker (RB) 1968‐71
Bill Butler (RB) 1972‐74
George Rogers (HB) 1981‐84
Calvin Nicholson (CB) 1989,91
Donovan Greer (CB) 1997
Usama Young (CB) 2007
Greg Fassitt (CB) 2009‐
footnote: Visual evidence suggests a direct lineage between former Saint Phil Vandersea and Porn:
Footnote 2: Or perhaps Bill Butler.