Thursday, June 12, 2008

Reading is FUNdamental

One day removed from their Good Samaritan gesture (and Devery's failure to fall from a roof), Saints players were back on the goodwill trail yesterday. Sedrick Ellis and Tracy Porter made a special appearance at the Main Library downtown for a children's reading program.

Here's the details from Mother Mary, recently employed by the New Orleans library system (excellent hire!):

aah, Chef! It warmed the cockles of my heart to see Mr. Porter and Mr. Ellis brave the rainstorm & street flooding this afternoon to read not one, not two, but three books to a roomful of young Who Dats at the New Orleans Public Library's Main Branch.

Wish you coulda seen it.

Here's a pic of me and two of the newest Saints, and another of the mark they've left on me forever.

Yours in the Faith,

Mother Mary




Only two questions, Mother Mary. You smiling and we can't see your hands: what's up with that? Are those books they're holding a gift from the public library system?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Chef, the books a small but heartfelt tokens of gratitude from the New Orleans Public Library. I'm afraid I was too blinded by the glow of their god-like qualities to catch the title.
The hands and ear-to-ear smile are, ahem, I am a happily married woman, Chef. Let's just say that I love me dem Saints and am really really looking forward to this season.

Mother Mary

Chick in the Huddle said...

damn it! librarians have all the fun...

saintseester said...

All I ever see in my library are geeks with pocket protectors