Friday, March 26, 2010

Dear Times-Picayune,

Finally. A letter to the editor from one of The Missing 1200.

Please take a quick break today to write a short letter (200 words or less) to the Times-Picayune: letters@timespicayune.com.

Saints fan is squeezed out

Friday, March 26, 2010

Re: "Move of press box to shift some fans," Sports, March 19.

After four years of my holding season tickets, the New Orleans Saints decided a press box was more important than my fan loyalty.

For the first time in my life, I do not want to "be in that number." The actions of the Saints organization are not only appalling but despicable. What makes it worse, the Saints did not even contact me and tell me. After hearing several news reports, I had to call the organization myself and confirm what I feared was true.

The Saints did not bother to warn us, much less contact us and let us know that our support doesn't matter anymore.

And to be honest, why should our support matter? After all, it's only 1,200 angry and disappointed fans who will have to move or might lose their seats completely. They are easily replaceable with a waiting list of over 50,000.

The Saints organization can keep claiming that fans are a top priority, but we all know that actions speak louder than words. And right now, their actions say, "Sorry, 1,200 Saints fans, you're just not that important."

Who dat ... I guess.

Matthew Muller

Metairie



No comments: