Looking for post-game analysis? Go talk to the Chicks in the Huddle.
Want to know about Robert Meachem's pre-game rituals? See the comments on Canal Street.
All the Chef can provide is a few pre-season observations from Cafe 641 . . . (BTW Section 635, we ain't in mid-season form yet either, but this too shall pass):
1. Nick the Cat Burgular's 2006 work on the Cafe 641 sign is still present at the top of the Upper Terrace. A nice cat-sized bite is still missing from the sign that Nick borrowed last season after a Saints loss.
2. Hulk Hogan was in good shape (pictured above left) after following a careful offseason training regimen of Jack Daniels and screaming into a paper bag. The Hulkster entered the Cafe as usual during the opening bars of the National Anthem clutching a Bloody Mary.
3. No sizable dents in the Cafe's season-ticket holder seats thus far -- 80-85% of key seatholders have returned, and there's a rumor that seats previously held by brokers have turned over to Who Dats.
4. The Smoker's Lounge is open for business behind Row 43. Chef observed a 6-year-old taking his first drag off a Camel and teared up with emotion.
5. Section 640 is extremely fertile. The off-season produced one baby girl and another girl in the oven for mid-level Upper Terrace Who Dats. Congrats 640. (BTW . . . Mark and Kristen of Cafe 641? Where y'at?)
6. Mojo enters his senior year at Slidell High with a new job at Quizno's and a powerful command of his Who Dat mystique. Any guesses on what Mojo was muttering just before T-Palk found Meachem in the corner of the endzone? (3rd and 7 . . . Palko's going to heaven)
7. Cafe Who Dats were not happy about the $1 increase in Doam Foam draft, but found some solace in the 24 oz. cans of Budweiser for $8. (Chef was happy that he stashed a 40 oz. in his mustache.)