While it was reported weeks ago that the Writer's Guild of America had ended it's strike, Chef always likes to see the contract before ending holdouts (on account of a rookie deal he signed with a beer vendor in Cafe 641 that obliged him to an exclusive purchasing Dome Foam agreement with said vendor at $10 a pour).
Well, because Chef always follows and believes web links, he's back on the horse, following the union's lead.
It wasn't a complete hibernation. Chef spent some time at East Jefferson General Hospital in the Same Day Surgery unit in early February, where his discharge assessment read:
* Discharged by wheelchair to home. Temp: 97.1. Blood Pressure: 107/60.
* Prescription delivered to spouse.
* Post-anesthesia instructions include: no alcoholic beverages including beer for 24 hours; no operation of motor vehicles or machinery or power tools for 24 hours. Also, no bicycle riding, skate boarding, or use of gym sets.
* Light activity only; no heavy lifting or straining; showers only; avoid strenuous play
AND MOST IMPORTANT . . .
* Change moustache dressing as needed.
Don't know exactly how Mickey Loomis spent his weeks off. But Chef got his priorities straight:
Come free agency on February 29, come ticket renewal time (nevermind the alleged increase Chef heard Bobby and Kenny blathering about today), come Draft Day Bash on Airline Drive . . . we'll be ready with Who Dat follicles sprouting the cause.
It may be 2008, but Earn It! never felt so right.