Friday, July 06, 2007

Fashion Flare-up

While napping recently on the almost white sands of Alabama, Chef awoke to a sudden moment of fashion awareness. At first glance, he thought the bright light was from a flare-up at the offshore oil platform in the Gulf. Then, slowly, surely, a vision appeared:

A large, sparkly bow tie wrapped around the glamorous neck of a Cornel West/Andre 3000 offspring.

A full week later, when Chef realized his vision was a message from the Fleur d'Oracle, it all made sense. If Dhani Jones is the fashion replacement for Joe Horn, Chef says, "No thank you. Hollywood taught me all I know bout eye black." But if Mr. Jones initiates a youth bow-tie seminar at the Dryades YMCA, then Chef may find room in the Cafe to embrace a former Eagle. Also, it would be nice if he'd cough up the entire Philly offensive package prior to Dec. 23rd.

p.s. Chef knew Dhani looked familiar -- it's from his hosting of "Timeless" on MOJO HD.


(Thanks Saints Rant for the Dhani Jones personal website link).

3 comments:

Mr. Clio said...

I couldn't believe it when I read it in the T-P.

In my real life, I am a regular bow tie wearer. It distracts from my other limitations.

This team just keeps getting more fun.

Chef Who Dat said...

Chef gave up on wearing bow ties as a culinary undergrad -- his defining moment came when the fatal combination of Chuck Taylors, straight leg Levis, and the silk spotted bow tie did little to attract the ladies at happy hour.

Michelle said...

Don't forget the snazzy socks too!

You're most welcome. I have yet to peruse his entire personal site, but I did get to read the bit about why he started with the bow ties. I figured it was definitely worth the link.

And don't diss the Chucks. Now, I must say the stright leg Levis probably didn't help with the ladies.