Friday, April 06, 2007

Farewell Wrinkled Foot

http://www.prokicker.com/catalog/images/Square%20Toe%20shoe.JPG

Out of respect for John Carney's six seasons of service to the New Orleans Saints, Chef will go without shoes throughout the Easter Weekend. The Crescent City Classic announced earlier this morning that it will wave its "No Shoes, No Entry" policy for the post-race party that Chef annually attends.

Carney's final Who Dat message:

To the Faithful of New Orleans:

My time of wearing the Fleur de Lis has come to a close. For six seasons, I have been blessed and privileged to represent the most faithful, loyal fans that the NFL has to offer. This was never so evident than during this magical season of 2006. Monday night football will never reach the pitch and purpose it met on the night of September 25th.

New Orleans is a city regaining its strength and swagger, and the Saints are proud to be leading the way. My family and I have been forever imprinted with the style, culture and kindness of the South. Through triumphs and tragedies, the perseverance and integrity of the New Orleans' people is far stronger than politics and hurricanes.

I leave New Orleans a far better man, looking for a team in need of a wrinkled foot, sure to soon be missing great friends of the South, with the knowledge that my taste buds will always yearn for one more Drago's charbroiled oyster!

May God bless the city of New Orleans. Thank ya'll for the support and class you showed me during my Saint's career.

Best wishes and God speed,

John Carney #3

No comments: